Complete CPD modules at your leisure
>>Unique e-learning platform
Call to Request a Seminar 0800 633 5712
Our TOTALLY FREE Continuing Professional Development (CPD) sessions are a fantastic opportunity to discuss current practice and review new developments in the industry, while helping to attain the twenty hours of CPD training per year you require to retain your professional status. We help property professionals from a variety of sectors ranging from Landlords and Housing Associations, to Architects and Engineers, develop and enhance their knowledge and understanding of issues such as damp control and structural waterproofing.
We are happy to present at your office and each session can be uniquely tailored to suit you or your team’s specific needs. Register for a free seminar using the button below or continue reading to find out more about our CPD seminars.
Our sessions have been approved by the CPD Certification Service, and as an ongoing effort to help you continually improve your capabilities, you will automatically get access to support materials and courses on our 24/7 e-learning platform 'myLearning'.
Our courses are constantly being updated to align with legislation changes and our team are always looking for new material to bring to the table. To find out more detailed information about each topic follow the links below:
A refresher on the different factors behind dampness in walls.
- Use of moisture profiling to aid diagnosis
- Techniques for dealing with several type of damp ingress including lateral rainwater penetration, condensation and rising damp
- Methods available for damp proofing including systems for Listed Buildings
The history of wall ties and BS1243
- Extent of the wall tie corrosion problem in the UK
- Best surveying practice and BRE Digest 401 to visually grade wall tie condition
- Practical solutions to replace corroded ties, crack stitching, lintel creation and consolidating weak masonry with grout inflated anchors
Managing air humidity, air temperature and wall surface temperature.
- How condensation and mould is formed
- Best practice to deal with Condensation and moulds
- Whole house ventilation units and heat exchange fans
For both designers, owners and those responsible for the maintenance of public and commercial property, bird infestation can be a real nuisance. This presentation explains the need for bird deterrence measures.
- Three Grades of Protection in below ground spaces
- Explore the recent changes made by Premier Insurance and the NHBC and their guarantee specifically to waterproofing in 'new-build' basements
- Changes to Chapter 5.4 of their Technical Guidance Docs
When you book a CPD Seminar with us you will automatically get access to our e-Learning platform, myLearning.
myLearning offers 24/7 access to relevant, topical information to help you and your staff understand and manage property related problems through our range of CPD accredited courses, with access to as many bundles as you would like.
With a wide range of packages to suit your learning needs, myLearning is key to continuing your professional development. Our courses are constantly being updated to align with legislation changes and our team are always looking for new material to add.
"I coordinated around 20hrs of external CPD for Martin Arnold Ltd last year and of all the companies that visited us, Peter Cox were certainly one of the most interesting, detailed and technical." - Jamie Collins (Martin Arnold Ltd)
Our seminars are in great demand from property professionals and groups like Landlord Associations, CPD Training Groups, Local Councils and Housing Associations. If you would like a CPD seminar by the market leaders in property preservation act now and call 0800 633 5712 or fill out the contact form below and we will get back to you. Our CPD's are generally delivered by our national technical manager Richard Walker and his schedule can fill up quickly so we recommend getting in touch at the earliest opportunity.
*Survey enquiries for your local branch will be directed to our dedicated central survey control teams across the UK. Calls to 0800 and 0808 numbers are free unless you are calling from a business phone, in which case the rate will be set by your provider.