Penetrating damp treatment begins with identifying and correcting the defect in the building that is allowing water ingress to penetrate. When trying to identify the source of the penetrating damp issue, consider the following:
Once the source of the penetrating damp has been addressed, consideration regarding penetrating damp treatment can begin.
For minor cases of penetrating damp: this can be identified and treated through the application of some DIY measures. You can find out more by visiting our web page on stop penetrating damp - DIY tips.
For more serious cases of penetrating damp: along with the replacement of the plasterwork, it may be discovered that the penetrating damp has caused wet rot or dry rot and potentially harmful black mould. In addition, if the dampness has been caused by bridging through the wall insulation, we have professional solutions to deal with that.
The above is something you want to repair before going any further. There is no point with starting the decorative work within the property if it is simply going to be affected by continuing damp problems.
In order to protect and preserve your property from penetrating damp and other related issues Peter Cox offer a comprehensive range of solutions of penetrating damp treatments. Our approach is as follows:
1. Surveyor visiting your property - This is to determine if you have penetrating damp or not. Our surveyor will inspect the outside of the property and inside and will identify whether or not any penetrating damp treatments are necessary.
2. Identifying and removing the source of moisture - If our surveyor identifies that penetrating damp is present in the property then they will advise and recommend on the best course of action to eliminate the source of water ingress.
3. Treatment for brickwork and masonry walls - Once the source of moisture is rectified, our unique waterproofing solution for brickwork and masonry will protect your property from additional moisture ingress.
4. Solutions for your plaster - Any affected plaster will be removed and replace using specialist damp resistant plaster.
5. Repairing damaged and defective timbers - If timbers have been infected with dry or wet rot, these can be either treated, protected or replaced.
6. Black mould removal service - If necessary, if the property has been affected by black mould we can additional clean and treat this for you.
Our experienced and qualified surveyors are industry leaders in identifying, diagnosing and treating penetrating damp.
Our processes have been approved and ratified by the bodies that govern our industry such as the Property Care Association, Which? and Trust Mark amongst others.
We are proud of our years of experience and know how when it comes to penetrating damp. However, do not just take our word for it. Read what other people say within the reviews stream below.
If you would like to find out more about our penetrating damp treatments then do not hesitate to call. We are here to help.
Simply give us a call on 0800 633 5712, click to find your local branch or click the button below to book a survey.
*Survey enquiries for your local branch will be directed to our dedicated central survey control teams across the UK. Calls to 0800 and 0808 numbers are free unless you are calling from a business phone, in which case the rate will be set by your provider.