In order to help professionals attain the 20 hours of CPD training towards their professional status, we are offering a range of virtual CPD seminars on a range of property preservation topics.
These are completely free, and all you need to do is register your interest on the link below and we will send you a google hangout invite to join the seminar.
The free virtual CPD seminars will be every Tuesday at 10am starting on the 7th of March. The full list of seminars and dates can be found below:
The seminars will be around 1 hour 15 minutes, with time after the main presentation for a Q&A session.
Testimonial: We’d like to take this opportunity, on behalf of everyone at JBL, to thank Peter Cox, for hosting the recent outstanding seminar series. These have been some of the most detailed and informative seminars we’ve ever had. Special shout out to Nicholas Donnithorne, who was a brilliant presenter. – J B Langley Associates Ltd
Tuesday 7th March 10am: Damp Control
A refresher on the different factors behind dampness in walls, this CPD will cover the following:
- Use of moisture profiling to aid diagnosis
- Techniques for dealing with several types of damp ingress including lateral rainwater penetration, condensation and rising damp
- Methods available for damp proofing and replastering
Tuesday 14th March 10am: Condensation Control & Improving Air Quality in the Home
A seminar on how to manage air humidity, air temperature and wall surface temperature, this CPD will cover the following:
- Environmental conditions for condensation and mould formation.
- Housing Regulations.
- Vapour production calculations and how to deal with condensation and moulds.
- Whole-house ventilation units and extract fans.
- Alternative condensation control solutions.
Tuesday 21st March 10am: Structural Repairs, History of Wall Ties and BS1243
This seminar will cover:
- The extent of the wall tie corrosion problem in the UK
- Best surveying practice and BRE Digest 401 to visually grade wall tie condition
- Practical solutions to replace corroded ties, crack stitching, lintel creation and consolidating weak masonry with grout inflated anchors
Tuesday 28th March 10am: Woodworm, Wet and Dry Rot, and Timber Repairs
This seminar will go over the main species of wood boring insects and wood rotting fungi including:
- Their individual characteristics
- Correct identification and the latest survey and treatment methods
- The use of resins to repair large section timbers
Tuesday 4th April 10am: Basement Waterproofing to BS8102
A review of the 3 Types of Waterproofing (Type A, Type B and Type C). this seminar will include:
- Three grades of protection in below ground spaces
- Explore the recent changes made by Premier Insurance and the NHBC and their warranty specifically to waterproofing in ‘new-build’ basements. Both are best known for their warranties as their major offer, with some insurance.
- Changes to chapter 5.4 of their Technical Guidance Docs
If you have any further questions or require any assistance, please get in contact with us at [email protected]