The second mould we are going to discuss in our series of ‘Moulds in the house’ is Blue – Green Mould.
Aspergillus fumigatus is blue-green or grey on the surface and underneath it is white or tan, this variety is of Aspergillus fumigatus causes more infections in humans than the other types. It appears that we are always breathing in Aspergillus spores, as they are everywhere. Our own tolerance levels are designed, as it were by nature, to cope with this. However, when Aspergillus mould is present in your home, there are more spores in the air and this can cause problems, for instance:
- Allergic reactions: Exposure to large amounts of Aspergillus spores can cause allergic symptoms, particularly in pe
ople who suffer from Asthma.
- Toxicity: These are caused by the mycotoxins produced by some species of Aspergillus.
- Infection: people with weakened immune systems are susceptible Aspergillosis, that is infection by Aspergillus
If you would like to know more about mould, visit our toxic mould detection page.
To discuss your property or to arrange a consultation please get in touch with your nearest office of Peter Cox Property Services here https://www.petercox.com/regions.php or you can also call 0800 789 500 to talk to the experts and we’ll send a surveyor with local knowledge of your area.