Having a warm, damp free house hasn’t been an issue for some of us this winter, but not everyone is fortunate enough to have no problems with their homes. Your home may be prepared for the cold months, but what about those who are less able to do their checks around the house?
Winter can be a dangerous time for some people, especially the elderly who are living alone. It is very important they are living in a warm and damp free environment.
If you know of anyone who may struggle to check their property in the bad weather, why don’t you give them a helping hand?
There are a number of checks you can do, including:
- Is there any black mould on window frames and external walls?
- Are there any damp surfaces?
- Check to make sure there is no build up of condensation on windows/cold surfaces
- Are there any cracks/holes on the outside walls?
- Make sure guttering is clear of leaves?
If you would like some more advice on how you can help someone with their property, give us a call on 0808 231 6788, lines are open until 7pm.
Alternatively, if you are worried about damp issues in your home, visit our damp proofing page or book a survey with us.