In summary, moulds are known to produce allergens and irritants, as well as potentially toxic substances that can be ingested by humans through the air and the skin. Some moulds are more of a risk than others. With some moulds, if someone touches the mould or inhales the spores, they can have an allergic reaction, respiratory problem or asthma attack.
As you can tell from the descriptions, some moulds are more risky than others, and the risks are greater for children, the elderly, and people with skin conditions or respiratory problems. Check out this link toxic mould detection to find out how to detect and remove mould.
The common issue with all these forms of fungal mould growth is dampness in the home. Different types of mould will be found depending on the location, the material, the level of moisture and how long dampness continues.
It stands to reason that the source of dampness needs to be resolved at the same time as the mould is eradicated.
There is more information available from our Peter Cox damp experts, check out these links for more information:
To discuss your property or to arrange a consultation please get in touch with your nearest office of Peter Cox Property Services here https://www.petercox.com/regions.php or you can also call 0800 789 500 to talk to the experts and we’ll send a surveyor with local knowledge of your area.