Peter Cox

Raising Standards in Property Preservation

Call us FREE on

0800 030 4701

Book a free survey now!

damp problems in old house terrace house

My terraced house is over 100 yrs old. I have damp on the inner wall which adjoins my neighbour. This isn’t an outside wall. Can this be treated….will my laminate floor need to come up and are there any sort of grants available for this type of work?

Yes, a party wall can be treated successfully. Depending on a site inspection for confirmation, it may not be necessary to lift the flooring providing it can be adequately protected.
You need to contact your Local Authority regarding grant availablility as this will vary from area to area.

Related Questions